Last updated on May 17, 2023
This policy applies to your use of the AIM services. By “AIM services,” we mean any of our websites, stores, games, game developer tools, applications, or other products or services that link to this policy. Additional terms and conditions may also apply to your relationship with AIM, depending on how you choose to interact with us. Please read this entire policy to make sure you fully understand it. You should also be sure to carefully review other terms potentially applicable to your visit and your use of specific AIM services (including, but not limited to Aftermath Islands Metaverse, aftermathislands.com, aftermathislands.io, Lost Kingdom of T’Sara), and confirm that you understand and agree to them, before using the AIM services.
AIM, our affiliates and owners operate and support the AIM services from different locations around the world.
Please see “How to Contact Us” below to learn more about sending us any privacy-related questions or concerns you may have.
Information We Collect
We generally collect information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically from your use of the AIM services, such as through cookies or our games and other software, and (3) other parties, such as game console platforms and social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
(1) Information You Provide
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to use the AIM services. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information may also change. Some of the most common examples of situations in which you may provide information to us include:
- Licensing and downloading our games
- Using the AIM services’ social features (see “When You Use Social Features of the AIM Services”);
- Purchasing something from us or otherwise engaging in a transaction with us;
- Entering online competitions or registering for or participating in special events;
- Entering contests or sweepstakes, participating in any of our promotions, or accepting any prizes from us;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Completing a survey; and
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The specific types of information you may be able to provide us will often vary depending on the AIM services you are using and how you interact with them.
If you’d like to make a purchase, we may ask you to provide billing information (like your credit card/payment card or other form of payment details to enable the transaction. Sometimes we ask for other information like your phone number, email address, postal address, and billing address. We’ll also collect information when you choose to share it with us directly in any other way, including by sending it as part of a communication with AIM (like through Player Support requests) or other users of the AIM services (like through in-game chat or forum posts).
Some of our websites may also provide a feature that supports job applications, in which case we would also ask for your resume or CV, legal name, email address, and phone number. We may use this information to determine if you are qualified for the position for which you applied or to contact you to set up an interview.
(2) Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit AIM or access the AIM services. We typically aggregate this data and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We collect information through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from the AIM services. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing marketing and advertising initiatives, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, the device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, which may include, but is not limited to information such as IP address or other transactional/identifier information (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the AIM services, which may include the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks or taps, platform type, the application you used or the game you played, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as your display name or other user identification provided in connection with your application use or game play, saved preferences, game progress, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on the AIM services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the AIM services or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
Fraud Prevention & Anti-Cheat:
Providing users with a fair, balanced, and competitive experience on AIM is extremely important to us. We strictly enforce prohibitions against cheating, hacking, account stealing, and any other unauthorized or fraudulent activity on the AIM services. When you use the AIM Services, buy our products or other services, play our games, or otherwise interact with AIM on or through the AIM services, we may use a variety of anti-cheat and fraud prevention technologies to help us identify and prevent malicious activity. These services may collect and analyze data about the game binary or your computer to detect cheating and may be provided directly by AIM or by third parties.
Information collected During Purchases
If you choose to make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your email address, name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card information, WAX Wallet ID’s and / or other Wallet ID’s) and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” Credit card numbers are not stored on the Site.
If you choose to post comments or dialogue in any way through the AIM services, including public or private chat, forums, group walls, personal posts and any other dialogue of this nature, we may collect, monitor, filter and moderate to confirm that the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement that all users must agree to follow, are not violated. This information may also be collected for training purposes.
You may be asked by AIM if you would like to receive marketing information on our various products and services, such as offers that may be attractive to you. Such marketing messages, should you choose to opt-in, may be delivered to you via email, SMS, digital messaging, or text message through internal and external messaging services. You may change your mind about receiving these offers at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of each email or by changing your preferences to withdraw your consent to receive these personal messages. Users of the AIM services may be informed of offers available to them within the AIM services. Notifications of such offerings during the use of the AIM services are not subject to change via preference settings or by unsubscribing.
(3) Information We Receive from Others
In some cases, other parties provide us with information about you, or allow us to collect information about you. We generally collect information from other parties in four ways: (1) you interact with AIM using a service that is not controlled by us, such as a social network, (2) you choose to use any available social feature of the AIM services, (3) you access AIM services through another party, such as a mobile device operator, or (4) you link a third party account. In some cases, we are not able to control the amount or type of information that other parties, like social networks, make available to us. In those cases, we use only the data that we need to provide the types of services our users want and expect. Although we cannot control your privacy settings at those websites or how those other parties protect your privacy, once we receive information about you through those websites, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
When You Interact with AIM on Third Party Services
When you interact with AIM on a website or app not controlled by AIM, that website or app may allow AIM access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their services or other information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.
When You Use Social Features of the AIM Services
When you choose to use any social features provided through the AIM services, you allow AIM to receive information about you from third parties (like social networks). Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively using the AIM Services and using any of the features, to find out if they used the features in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a challenge.
If you choose to use any of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through the AIM Services. The social network may then provide AIM with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections, but as previously stated, AIM is not able to control what information social networks choose to provide to us.
When You Link a Third Party Account to Your Aftermath Islands Account
If you choose to link a third party account, such as a social media account, to your Aftermath Islands account, the third party will provide AIM with information about that account. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but is likely to include details such as your third party account display name and user ID, as well as associated device information, name, and email address.
How We Use and Share Information
As a general matter, we use and share the information we collect (either individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze, and market the AIM services where we have an appropriate basis and right to do so.
We rely on several different legal bases to process personal information for the purposes disclosed in this policy. These often depend on the exact nature of your relationship with AIM, but common examples include:
Performance of a contract, including:
- To verify that you are a real person and not a bot or machine created algorithm;
- To verify your age in order to ensure minors do not access inappropriate content;
- To allow you to manage your user account;
- To operate, maintain and improve the AIM Services;
- To give you access to the Services or restrict your access when required;
- To provide technical support;
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To detect security incidents, malicious, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- To communicate with you about the services, including changes to features, notification of updates or maintenance activities;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes;
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis;
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements, and policies, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud, keep our systems fair for all users, and otherwise protect and defend the AIM services;
- When you give consent, which you can withdraw at any time; and
- To comply with legal obligations.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, when you access the AIM Services, we will store the information automatically collected during your use of the AIM Services for as long as needed to provide the AIM services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the AIM services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of the AIM services to you. We periodically review the personal information we retain to determine whether continued storage is proper.
Service Providers. We share personal information with service providers that we’ve engaged to help support the AIM services by performing certain services on our behalf and under our instructions. For example, if you make a purchase on the AIM services, we’ll generally share your billing information with a third-party payment processor to enable your transaction. Other common examples include partners that assist with cloud storage, email marketing of products and services offered by AIM, Customer Support ticketing, and monitoring and securing the AIM services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Affiliates. We may share personal information we collect with agents, affiliates and owners to support the AIM services worldwide.
Marketing Partners. You may be asked by a marketing partner within AIM if you would like to receive more information on a subject or item. Upon your agreement to receive that information, a credential will be created within your Meta Park Pass which will allow the marketing partner to provide you with that information. You may change your mind about receiving this information at any time and delete the credential. Information that may be shared with the marketing partner is limited but may include things such as device identifiers for purposes of executing and optimizing campaigns and gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on AIM’s behalf.
Aftermath Islands Account Services, including customer service. If you sign into a third-party developer’s game or application using your Aftermath Islands account, you may choose to share details about your Aftermath Islands account such as which would consist of the information contained in your Meta Park Pass™. These third-party developers’ uses of this Aftermath Islands account information are governed by limitations in our agreements with them. Personal information that you choose to share with them, or which is not provided by AIM is subject to the third-party developers’ privacy notices and policies, which may differ from AIM’s practices as described in this policy. Please review third-party developers’ privacy policies carefully, and ensure you understand and are comfortable with how they handle your information, before using your Aftermath account to access their products or services. AIM will have no liability for the use or security of your personal information on or by any third parties.
Social Features. We may share, or provide you with opportunities to share, information about yourself with other users of the AIM services as described in this policy. We also provide services that allow our users to communicate with AIM and each other, in which case in-game information may be shared. For example, we may share information such as your in-game username, what guild you may be a part of or what level you are at.
Security Related Services and Legal Requirements. We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
Your Choices and Controls
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal information you share with AIM, as well as the ways we may use or share that information. We’ll generally only ask you for personal information that is necessary to provide the AIM services you request. You can choose not to give us personal information we request, but if you decide not to, you may not be able to access certain parts of the AIM services and some features may not work as intended.
We may also seek your prior consent to process your information in certain ways. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes and may withdraw your consent at any time. Any withdrawal of consent is only effective on a going-forward basis and will not impact processing we undertook while relying on your consent.
We provide you with the ability to request access to, and correction or deletion of, your personal information. You can update your account information or request that we delete your AIM account directly through the AIM services at any time. If you would like to request access to personal information associated with your AIM account, please see the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our site without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our outside marketing messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use any social features we make available. If you choose to use any such features, you should refrain from posting personal information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our websites and online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our sites, games, and applications not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you are located in Europe, more information is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- If you are under the age of 18 and use our sites, mobile apps, game engines, games, or other online services, you may request that we remove certain content that you have previously provided, such as deleting or editing comments you have posted. You also may ask us to assist you in removing or anonymizing content you have posted by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy. Please be aware that taking these steps may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our websites, online services, applications, or games. We also may not be able to remove content you post if applicable law requires us to maintain the posting or if another party has re-posted the content to a website, app, game or other online service that we do not own or control.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
EEA and UK Residents. If you are an EEA or UK resident, you may have the right to access your information, the right to correct your information, the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to request restricted processing of your personal information, the right to a portable copy of the personal information you have provided, and the right to object to processing of your personal information, such as for direct marketing. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
EEA and UK residents may contact AIM’s data protection officer with any questions or concerns about our handling of personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEA and UK residents also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if they have concerns about AIM’s handling of personal information.
California Residents. If you are a California resident and are not a job applicant, employee or employee of another company interacting with us in your job, you have the right to ask us what personal information we have collected and shared about you, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Sales of Information. AIM only uses the personal information we collect to help provide, support, and improve the AIM services as described in this policy, and we do not sell this information to third parties.
How We Protect Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
We take commercially reasonable measure to help safeguard your personal information from loss, disclosure, alteration, misuse and unauthorized access, theft and destruction. This includes, when required or appropriate and feasible, obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with adequate safeguards.
When using the AIM services, we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to the AIM services. If we learn of an incident that may qualify as a breach under applicable law, we will notify you consistent with applicable laws.
Storage of Your Personal Information
The AIM services are intended to be appropriate for general audiences and are not directed to children. A child is considered to be under the age of 13 or under the age of online consent in the jurisdiction the child resides in. AIM does not intentionally collect personal information from children without seeking any required parental approval in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We will be provided with age-related information on our Users through the Meta Park Pass™, which includes date of birth and age verification in order to help us comply with laws like COPPA. In the event you are over the age 13 or you reside in a jurisdiction where the age of online consent is greater than 13 years of age, as per the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement, you are required to review all policies with your parent or guardian, and where necessary, you’re your parent or guardian accept the policies on your behalf before AIM will allow you access to the AIM Services.
Location Based Services
If you request or agree to location-based services, which may be available to you (however would be restricted from Children) you must consent to the collection of real-time geolocation information. This information may be used to provide services such as tagging, check-in, location based advertising and other services that can only be provided when your location is known and will be collected in combination with other user identifiers associated with your device. You always have the ability to stop location-based data collection at any time by updating your preferences within the settings on your device.
Transfers of Information
AIM is a company with operations around the world. By using the AIM services, you acknowledge and agree that although we try to keep your data in your local jurisdiction, it is not always possible. It is also not always possible to process your information within your jurisdiction and as such, may be processed outside your jurisdiction, including in other jurisdictions that may have different data protection frameworks than your region. To learn more about what regions we may utilize to process and store your data, see “How to Contact Us” below.
We’ve implemented and maintain a framework consistent with applicable law and this policy for transfers of information outside the country of collection. For example, when we transfer personal data collected in the European Union to locations outside the European Economic Area, we rely on transfer mechanisms adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards, like Standard Contractual Clauses. We may also need to transfer your information to provide the AIM services to you in accordance with our existing agreements with you, such as the Terms of Services and End User License Agreement.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Information. For the purposes of this section, Personal Information does not include (i) information that is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records; (ii) de-identified or aggregated data; or (iii)information excluded from the scope of the CCPA. For clarity, these rights are granted only to the extend that you are a California consumer. The rights in this section are not intended to grant you additional rights, but only your rights under the CCPA to the extent that we are considered a CCPA business with respect to the applicable Personal Information.
In order to provide the AIM Services, we may process data that we receive from you. If you are a California resident, you may have certain CCPA rights pertaining to such information. Under the CCPA, when we act as a “service provider” (not as a “business” or “third party”) over such information, we only process your information through the AIM Services as necessary to provide the AIM Services to our users. If you wish to exercise any of your rights under CCPA regarding your information, please contact us.
Information We Collect, How we Collect It and How We Use It
California consumers may access, delete and control certain uses of their information as set for below.
In the past 12 months and ongoing through your use of the AIM Services we have and will collect some or all of the categories of Personal Information described in the table below. The table below further describes the business or commercial purpose(s) for which the Personal Information was collected and will be collected and the entities to whom such information may have been disclosed.
Purposes (AIM may not use each data type in the “Examples” column for each purpose listed out)
Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers
To communicate with you; to provide products and services; for surveys, sweepstakes, and contests; marketing and promotions; to enable commenting and communities; for internal reporting; to serve you content recommendations and targeted advertising performed on behalf of our clients; to enhance the information we may have on you; security and fraud prevention; to enable exercise of privacy rights
Customer records information
Name, address, telephone number, other similar information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories
To communicate with you; to provide products and services; for surveys, sweepstakes, and contests; marketing and promotions; to enable commenting and communities; for internal reporting; to serve you content recommendations and targeted advertising; for lead generation services performed on behalf of our clients; to enhance the information we may have on you; security and fraud prevention; to enable exercise of privacy rights
Records of products or services purchased, purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
To communicate with you; to provide products and services; marketing and promotions; for internal reporting; to serve you content recommendations and targeted advertising
Location tracking information by country on a macro level only
To communicate with you; to provide you with products and services; for internal reporting; to serve you content recommendations and targeted advertising; security and fraud prevention
Affiliates; service providers; business and advertising partners
Inferences at a macro level only drawn from any of the categories described above to create a profile about consumers reflecting preferences and characteristics
To communicate with you; to provide you products and services; for internal reporting; to serve you content recommendations and targeted advertising; for surveys; marketing and promotions
Affiliates; service providers; business and advertising partners
AIM does not sell any of your personal information in exchange for money. However, the term “sell” has a broader meaning under the CCPA than would ordinarily be understood in a non-legal context. In the past 12 months and through your continued use of the AIM Services, we have not sold or shared the following categories of Personal Information with third parties:
- Customer Records Information
- Characteristics of protected classifications
- Internet or other similar network activity information
- Geolocation data
AIM may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose, or sell or share your Personal Information, subject to your right to opt out. The information under “Information We Collect, How we Collect It and How We Use It”, describes the third parties with which we may disclose your Personal Information.
A. Right to Know
As a California consumer, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
B. Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to likewise delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we may retain Personal Information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our services provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
C. Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request a copy of Personal Information we have collected and maintained about you in the past 12 months. The CCPA allows you to request your information from us upt to twice during a 12-month period. We will provide our response in a readily usable and electronic format.
D. Right to Correct
You have the right to request the correction of any Personal Information we maintain about you.
E. Right to Opt Out of Selling or Sharing Your Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information, along with the right to opt into the sale of such information. We do not sell Personal Information of our users to third parties.
To exercise the right to opt out, you (or your authorized representative) may click on Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information or contact us.
F. Right to Limit the Use of Your Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information if we are using it beyond what is reasonable and proportionate to provide the requested goods or services. You can make a request for us to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information by contacting us.
G. Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including but not limited to, by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
In the event you choose to exercise your rights under CCPA and submit a request to us, we will take steps to verify your identity in order for us to properly respond and confirm that it is not a fraudulent request. You represent and affirm that all information you provide in response to such a request to verify your identity is true and accurate.
Only you or an agent legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. If you are making a request as the authorized agent to a California consumer, we will ask you also submit reliable proof that you have been authorized in writing by a consumer to act on such consumer’s behalf.
We will make every effort to respond to your request within 45 days from when you contacted us. If you have a complex request, the CCPA allows us up to 90 days to respond.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may at times offer our users programs that provide certain perks associated with AIM, such as rewards and exclusive offers. We may also provide other programs, such as sweepstakes, contests or other similar promotional campaigns. When you sign up for a promotional campaign, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email addresses and’/or other contact information). Because our promotional campaigns involve the collection of Personal Information, they may be considered a “financial incentive” program under the California law. The value of your Personal Information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits you obtain or that are provided as part of the promotional campaign, minus the expense related to offering those products, services and benefits to campaign participants. Unless specifically stated otherwise in connection with a potential “financial incentive,” the value of the benefit AIM may offer to you exceeds the value of the Personal information you provide as a participant.
You may withdraw from participating in a promotional campaign at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable promotional campaign. Pleas read the terms and condition of each promotional campaign to view full details, including how to participate.
California “Shine the Light”
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”), California residents have the right to request in writing from the business with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of personal information, as defined under Shine the Light, such as name, email address, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties; direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us. If you do not want your personal information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of such disclosures by contacting us.
VIRGINIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“CDPA”) provides Virginia consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your rights under the CDPA and explains how you may exercise these rights.
- Right to know. You have the right to know whether we process your Personal Information.
- Right to portability. You have the right to access and obtain a copy of your Personal Information that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another business without hinderance, where the processing is carried out by automated means. You may request such Personal Information up to twice annually, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to delete. You have the right to delete Personal Information that you have provided or that we have obtained about you. We may deny such a request if the requested deletion falls under an exception to this right set forth in the CDPA. Additionally, if you request deletion of your Personal Information and we have obtained such information from a third-party source, we may retain such data by keeping a record of the deletion request and the minimum data necessary to ensure that your Personal Information remains deleted from our records and that such retained data is not used for any other purpose, or we may opt you out of the processing of such Personal Information for any purpose except for those allowed under the CDPA.
- We DO NOT process personal information for the purposes of targeted advertising unless we first obtain your explicit permission to do so;
- We DO NOT sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary consideration;
- We DO NOT engage in profiling decisions based on your personal information that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you;
If you wish to opt out of the processing of your Personal information for the purposes of targeted advertising please contact us here.
- Right to correct. You have the right to correct inaccuracies in the Personal Information we collect from you, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes for which we process it.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your Virgina privacy rights. Unless permitted by the BDPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
To exercise any of your Virginia privacy rights, or if you have any questions about your privacy rights, you may contact us.
After submitting a request, we will take steps to verify your identity in order for us to properly respond and/or confirm that it is not a fraudulent request. You represent and affirm that all information you provide in response to such a request to verify your identity is true and accurate. If we are unable to verify using reasonably commercial efforts that the consumer submitting the request is the same individual about whom we have collected Personal Information, then we are not required to comply with the request; we may contact you for more information reasonably necessary to authenticate the request, but ultimately we may not be able to meet your request.
Only you or an agent legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. If you are making a request as the authorized agent to a Virginia consumer, we will ask you also submit reliable proof that you have been authorized in writing by a consumer to act on such consumer’s behalf.
We will make every effort to respond to your request within 45 days from when you contacted us. If you have a complex request, the CDPA allows us up to 90 days to respond.
If we decline to take action regarding a request that you have submitted, we will inform you of our reason for declining to take action and provide such instructions for how to appeal the decision. In the event that we do not respond to a request that you make pursuant to one of the privacy rights set forth in this section, you have the right to appeal our refusal and take action within a reasonable period of time after you receive our decision. Within 60 days of our receipt of an appeal, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, we will also provide you with an online mechanism, if available, or other method through which you may contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.
Your Privacy Rights if you live in the EEA, UK or Switzerland
In the course of using the AIM services, we may process the following personal information:
- Login information, which may include your IP address, device type, information contained in your Meta Park Pass™, date and time of your visit, information on your browser version, information on your operating system, including language settings and MAC addresses. We will process this information to provide you with the AIM services. The legal basis for this processing is Article sec. 1 sent. 1. Lit. b (“performance of a contract”) and lit. f (“legitimate interest”) GDPR. It is in our legitimate interest to guarantee the AIM services stability and security.
- Any and all data provided via your Meta Park Pass™, location information, user-generated content, contact details and other Personal Information that are used for participating in the Services we are offering. We process this information to provide our Services to you. The legal basis for this processing activity is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR (“performance of a contract”).
- Email addresses you provided us with for added verification and/or to enable certain features. The basis for processing this personal data are Article 6 sec 1 sent. 1 lit b (“performance of a contract”) and f (“legitimate interest”) GDPR. AIM has a legitimate interest in providing a safe and secure Service, especially to protect children.
- Billing and payment information, when you make a purchase, including your name, phone number, email address, billing address, credit card or other payment information and billing information. The legal basis for this processing activity is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR (“performance of a contract”). We may also retain transaction details and purchase and payment history. The legal basis for processing this personal data is our legal obligation in being able to resolve subsequent billing disputes and inquiries, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. c GDPR (“legal obligation”).
- Information relating to contacting our customer services, e.g. when you report a problem, submit questions, concerns or comments. We may process your email address, your name and information relating to your inquiry or concern in order to respond to your communications, fulfill your requests, or provide other customer support. This processing activity is based on your consent according to Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. a GDPR and/or Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR (“performance of a contract”), depending on the initial purpose for contacting our customer support.
- Comments or messages you post or transmit on the AIM services via public chats, forums, group walls, personal posts, etc. We process this information to monitor, filter and moderate this information for the purposes of being able to remove profanity, Personal Information, and other inappropriate conversations. Additionally, we may use pre-filtered comments and messages for other purposes such as training and improving our filter technology. The legal basis for this processing activity is AIM’s legitimate interest in being able to defend ourselves from possible liability claims that may arise from unlawful comments posted by you, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR (“legitimate interest”). Please not that any Personal Information submitted by you in forums and similar means offered by us is available to anyone who has access to this forum, including other users. The Personal Information posed by you can be read, collected or used by other users of these forms and could be used to send unsolicited messages.
- Information relating to your use of or interaction with third party sites or plug-ins, e.g. social plugins from Google or Facebook or Twitter. When you use these features, certain information from your social media accounts may be accessed by or shared with AIM, and likewise, certain information about your use of AIM may be posted to you profile on those platforms. The legal basis for these processing activities is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. a (“consent”) and f (“legitimate interest”) GDPR. We have a legitimate interest to improve your AIM service experience and to optimize our Services.
- Information processed to enable advertising. To market our services via social media and other website advertisements in order to bring new users to our AIM services and to maintain and increase our user base, we may process Personal Information such as IP addresses, information on users’ browser or operating system, including language settings, location information and usernames or user IDs. The legal basis for the processing of this data is AIM’s legitimate interest in maintaining our user base, bringing new users to our AIM services and informing (potential) users about interesting events, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR (“legitimate interest”).
- Information relating to the use of location-based service. In order to provide Services such as tagging, check-in and content delivery, or other services that require knowing where you are, we may process your location information. This processing is based on Article 6 sec. 1 set. 1 lit. b GDPR (“performance of a contract”) and/or Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR (“legitimate interest”) and represents our legitimate interest to improve our website and AIM services experience and to optimize our AIM Please note that you can always stop the collection of location based information by updating your device settings, stopping your use of the Services or uninstalling our applications.
- Information relating to your participation in contests, competitions, sweepstakes, giveaways, price draws or other promotions that we may run on AIM services or sponsor from time to time. We may process certain contact information (such as your name, user ID, email, address, and/or phone number) for prize fulfillment purposes, as well as other information or content needed for the specific promotion. The legal basis for this processing activity is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR (“performance of a contract”).
- We will use certain cookies only if you have previously consented to such use. When you visit our website a cookie banner will appear asking you for your consent. You can manage your choice by clicking on “manage cookie preferences” in the cookie banner. We will save your choices in the form of a cookie. This cookie has a limited effective period of one year. The legal basis for this processing activity is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. a GDPR (“consent”). In addition, you can also manage cookies using your browser settings.
If you live in the EEA, the UK or Switzerland, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Require (i) we provide you with information on whether your Personal Information is retained and (ii) provide access to or duplicates of your Personal Information retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
- Request rectification, removal or restriction of your Personal Information e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- Refuse to provide and, without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal, withdraw your consent to processing of your Personal Information at any time;
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your Personal Information, in case such processing is either based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests or on a performance of a task carried out in the public interest. I this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your Personal Information or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing;
- Object to the use of your Personal Information for direct marketing at any time;
- Take legal action in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Information, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators; and/or
- Require (i) to receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit the data to another controller without hinderance from our side. Where technically feasible, you shall have the right to have the Personal Information transmitted directly from us to another controller.
Additional Information for users in Brazil
We may process the following personal data:
- Login information, which may include your IP address, device type, information contained in your Meta Park Pass™, date and time of your visit, information on your browser version, information on your operating system, including language settings and MAC addresses. We will process this information to provide you with the AIM services and to guarantee the stability and security of the AIM services.
- Any and all data provided via your Meta Park Pass™, location information, user-generated content, contact details and other Personal Information that are used for participating in the Services we are offering. We process this information to provide our Services to you.
- Email addresses you provided us with for added verification and/or to enable certain features. We use this data to provide safe and secure services, especially to protect children.
- Billing and payment information, when you make a purchase, including your name, email address, phone number, billing address, credit card or other payment information and billing information. We may also retain transaction details, purchase and payment history.
- Information relating to contacting our customer services, e.g. when you report a problem, submit questions, concerns or comments. We may process your email address, your name and information relating to your inquiry or concern in order to respond to your communications, fulfill your requests, or provide other customer support.
- Comments or messages you post or transmit on the AIM services via public chats, forums, group walls, personal posts, etc. We process this information to monitor, filter and moderate this information for the purposes of being able to remove profanity, Personal Information, and other inappropriate conversations. Additionally, we may use pre-filtered comments and messages for other purposes such as training and improving our filter technology. Please not that any Personal Information submitted by you in forms and similar means that may be offered within the AIM services is available to anyone who has access to this form, including other suers. Any Personal Information posed by you can be read, collected or used by others and could be used to send unsolicited messages.
- Information relating to your use of or interaction with third party sites or plug-ins, e.g. social plugins from Google or Facebook or Twitter. When you use these features, certain information from your social media accounts may be accessed by or shared with AIM, and likewise, certain information about your use of AIM may be posted to you profile on those platforms. We use that information to improve your user experience and to optimize our services.
- Information processed to enable advertising. To market our services via social media and other website advertisements in order to bring new users to our AIM services and to maintain and increase our user base, we may process Personal Information such as IP addresses, information on users’ browser or operating system, including language settings, location information and usernames or user IDs.
- Information relating to the use of location-based service. In order to provide Services such as tagging, check-in and content delivery, or other services that require knowing where you are, we may process your location information. This information is used to improve your experience and to optimize the AIM Please note that you can always stop the collection of location information by updating your device settings, stopping your use of the AIM services, or uninstalling any AIM applications.
- Information relating to your participation in contests, competitions, sweepstakes, giveaways, price draws or other promotions that we may run by the AIM services or sponsor from time to time. We may process certain contact information (such as your name, user ID, email, address, and/or phone number) for prize fulfillment purposes, as well as other information or content needed for the specific promotion.
- We will use certain cookies only if you have previously consented to such use. When you visit our website a cookie banner will appear asking you for your consent. You can manage your choice by clicking on “manage cookie preferences” in the cookie banner. We will save your choices in the form of a cookie. This cookie has a limited effective period of one year.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use the AIM services to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
How to Contact Us
If you have general questions or concerns about the AIM services (such as game-related issues, trouble accessing your Aftermath Islands account, bugs or other technical problems, payment matters, or content and entitlement issues), please contact our Customer Support team.
To learn more about AIM’s privacy practices or this policy, or to contact our Data Protection Officer, please email your questions to email@example.com. The entity identified below is responsible for providing the AIM services to your region and is the controller of personal data collected under this policy.
Aftermath Islands Metaverse Limited, Level 3, Cedar Court, Wildey Business Park, Wildey, St. Michael, Barbados.
EU and UK Representative
According to the GDPR article 27 controllers or processors not established in the European Union providing goods or services to EU citizens must appoint a representative who is established in the EU.
The representative should be an additional or alternative point of contact for all data protection queries from the EU.
We have formally appointed Storage and Fitch, GMbbH as their EU representative and will make themselves available to the relevant EU Supervisory Authority if required to do so.
Supervisory authorities and data subjects may contact Storage and Fitech by emailing:
Or by writing to them at this following address:
Storage & Fitch GmbH
Phone: +069-85 700 760
According to the UK GDPR Article 27 controllers or processors not established in the United Kingdom providing goods or services to UK citizens must appoint a representative who is established in the UK.
- The representative should be an additional or alternative point of contact for all data protection queries from the UK
We have formally appointed GDPR Auditing Limited as their UK representative and will make themselves available to the relevant ICO (UK Supervisory Authority) if required to do so.
The ICO and data subjects may contact GDPR Auditing by emailing:
Or by writing to them at this following address:
GDPR Auditing Limited
47 The Lanes, Over
United Kingdom, CB24 5NQ
Or by telephone: +44 (0) 203 488 3050